An ARB recovery point for your vehicle can address the issues surrounding generic tow points and their unsuitability for a range of recovery situations. These issues include questionable and untested mounting locations, confusion regarding the selection of rated shackles and straps, and the inability of generic tow points to safely handle stresses generated by an angled pull during vehicle recovery.
Each ARB recovery point includes an engineered ‘Recovery Train’ in which each vehicle specific recovery point is rated for use with a 4.75t rated bow shackle and 8000kg snatch strap. For peace of mind and safety, ARB recovery points are a reliable solution.
- Constructed from high grade steel and featuring a long slot design for a side-angled pull, the recovery point has been specifically designed for your vehicle
- Unique, long slot design allows bow shackle to rotate for angled recovery (up to the maximum turn angle of vehicle front wheels)
- Designed to maintain maximum clearance under vehicle and is positioned above the lowest point of your vehicle
- Recovery eye manufactured from 350 grade 20mm plate for maximum strength and durability
- Finished in a hard-wearing red powder coat for maximum visibility
- High tensile bolts
- Compatible with fleet vehicle OH&S requirements
- Includes all mounting hardware
- Kit includes illustrated fitting instructions
RESEARCH AND DESIGN
Each ARB recovery point undergoes considerable research and design involving actual vehicle chassis samples and CAD data relating to critical front sections of the vehicle. Dozens of designs are explored, with the more promising models built into prototypes and tested on the actual vehicle chassis using ARB’s various load and destructive testing equipment.
VEHICLE SPECIFIC MOUNTING
Some vehicle models demand very complex mounting systems to ensure fitment does not affect air bag deployment in the event of an accident. With months of design and testing dedicated to each individual recovery point, ARB’s engineers ensure that the crash pulse of the vehicle remains unaffected, whilst also ensuring the recovery points are fitted in the optimal location to handle the stresses experienced during vehicle recovery.
RATED FOR ANGLED RECOVERY
ARB recovery points are rated in an angled direction of pull and this has been achieved for angles up to the maximum turn angle of the front wheels of the vehicle. The design features a long slot as it allows the bow of the shackle to be fed through and the strap attached via the pin instead of the bow. This allows the shackle to pivot within the recovery points to avoid side loads on the pin.