- the Motortech4x4 website
- the users who are the persons who visit the website
- the Privacy Act 1993: http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1993/0028/latest/DLM296639.html
1. Collection and use of personal information.
The information is of two types:
a) Automatically captured data, this may include, but is not limited to:
- The internet address of the user’s browser, and the type of browser used.
- The address of the user’s server.
- The user’s domain name.
- The user’s IP and/or MAC address.
- The date and time that the user visited the website.
- The pages visited and any documents downloaded.
- The previous site visited.
- Access details for restricted sites.
Note: Cookies are very small text files sent from the Website to the user’s browser to be stored on the user’s computer. They are sent back to the Website when the user’s browser requests a page from the server. They can remain on a user’s internet-enabled device even after leaving the website or webpage. Some browsers allow users to disable this function, but doing so may mean that the user cannot access certain pages.
b) User supplied information
This may be supplied by users via online forms and/or surveys and/or email.
2. Security of personal information.
Motortech4x4 take all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access and/or use of personal information that it holds.
3. Disclosure of personal information.
Personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without the consent of the user unless the use is within the scope of the purposes for which the information was collected.
4. Access to and correction of personal information.
The user has the right to view all personal information held by Motortech4x4 about them. The user may request correction of information by contacting the [email protected]